Friday, January 27, 2012

Contemporary Loofah Centerpiece - Take II

Contemporary Loofah Centerpiece - Take II

A couple of weeks ago, I presented a contemporary design concept using loofahs. This week I decided to play with it again, adding more texture thanks to the use of Angora yarn. I also choose three types of flower that have very distinctive form and texture: Pincushion protea, Craspedia (Billy Buttons), and Salix (Pussy Willow). I think the result is really stunning with its clean lines and unusual appeal.

{Thank you again to the great Pim van den Akker, master florist in Netherlands, who greatly inspired this design. - This design has been nominated as a top 10 designs by the professional magazine Flowers& on their 28th Annual Design Contest. The theme was texture - Touch me, Feel me}

Contemporary Loofah Centerpiece - Take II Contemporary Loofah Centerpiece - Take II Contemporary Loofah Centerpiece - Take II Contemporary Loofah Centerpiece - Take II

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I will be very happy to read your comments and questions.

Sandra