Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hand-tied bouquet with a spring feel

Hand-tied bouquet with a spring feel

Every time I see gorgeous roses at my local supermarket, I can't resist ... I have to buy them. {I do have more than a sweet spot for flowers.} Their cheerful bright color just reminded me that Spring is just around the corner, at least here in California!

To create this bouquet, I started by creating an armature with the curly willow. Unlike the one I made for the Rustic Chic bridal bouquet, I created more volume by looping the curly willow in different directions. Once the base was made, I inserted the roses, grouping them by color and working on depth so that all the flowers do not end-up at the same level. I then added the tulips whose stems are more fragile. I usually like to take them out of water for 1 hour before designing, so that they become more manageable. I finished by adding the thyme at the base. I used some wrapping material to conceal my tying point.

{Materials}
12 light yellow roses
8 bright orange roses
10 yellow tulips
1 bunch of curly willow
2 bunch of thyme
wrapping material or ribbon


Hand-tied bouquet with a spring feel Hand-tied bouquet with a spring feel Hand-tied bouquet with a spring feel Hand-tied bouquet with a spring feel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I will be very happy to read your comments and questions.

Sandra