Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Contemporary spring design - A study on texture

Contemporary Spring design - A study on texture

I'm currently enrolled in a "Creativity & Competition" floral class at Golden West College (Huntington Beach, CA) taught by the lovely Miriam Soamoano, AIFD. Every week we have a theme, so we have to come-up with a design that also includes a vessel. Being an avid lover of contemporary and European style, I like to challenge myself to create some interesting ...(at least to me!)... designs.

This week, the focus was on texture. I built a structure based on wool and ropes and attached some twig balls. Since daffodils are starting to appear at the flower market, I taught it would be a nice touch to add the delicate bloom to this composition. Like the crocus emerging from the snow, narcissus remind us that Spring is just around the corner.

{This design was inspired from a Baudouin Roelants creation showcased in Fusion Flower magazine, December/January 2011/12 issue. }

Contemporary Spring design - A study on texture Contemporary Spring design - A study on texture Contemporary Spring design - A study on texture Contemporary Spring design - A study on texture {My original project as presented in class }

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I will be very happy to read your comments and questions.

Sandra