Thursday, May 3, 2012

Wedding bouquet with wire armature - Part I

Wedding bouquet with wire armature - Part I

Lately, I have been exposed to a lot of wire work which I found to be very cool, so I decided to experiment with it. This is the first design I come up with, a simple hand-tied bouquet of Iceland poppies (Papaver nudicaule) with an armature made with "curlies" of flat wire. The bouquet once done is inserted through the armature which is then wired and also maintained in place with the thick wool yarn used for handle treatment.

I also added repetition and contrast to my mono-floral bouquet (which become more and more trendy by the way...), with the use of Monkey Tails fern (Fiddlehead ferns). I like the cheerful result which would be great for a winter wedding.

Wedding bouquet with wire armature - Part I Wedding bouquet with wire armature - Part I Wedding bouquet with wire armature - Part I Wedding bouquet with wire armature - Part I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I will be very happy to read your comments and questions.

Sandra