Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Organic holidays design ideas

Organic holidays design

With the holidays just around the corner, I have been inspired to create some easy and organic designs with flowers that caught my attention at the market. I went for a green and organic theme, wrapping my containers with light green felt and wool.

The flowers I bought were, a bunch of white alstroemerias completely striped and hand-tied in a bouquet, a dozen of sweet Avalanche roses, some green hypericum to add a holidays accent, as well as amaryllis in stems and in bulb. I also found a nice green wreath made of boxwood.

Organic holidays design Organic holidays design Organic holidays design

To keep the theme going, I stayed within the same color palette {White and Green}, and cover all the containers with the same material. This allowed me to use different types of flowers but still have coherence in my design. All these designs could be organized on the same buffet or dinning table without any problem.

Organic holidays design Roses in a bucket - French flowers market Organic holidays design Organic holidays design

A simple wreath can become a gorgeous centerpiece on a large piece of furniture, simply by adding a tall glass hurricane.

Organic holidays design Organic holidays design Organic holidays design

I love mixing cut amaryllis with amaryllis in pot, which add interestedness to the overall design. You can also put the bulb in a specially designed vase and have the roots growing in water. As a general rule of design, odd numbers is more attractive that even numbers, that's why I chose 3 stems of amaryllis.


Organic holidays design

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I will be very happy to read your comments and questions.

Sandra